Federica Fratini (Italia)

Federica Fratini

I am 48 years old, a happy single mother and live in Rome.

I am a chemist with a PhD in biology and I am involved in biomedical research at the Istituto Superiore di Sanità.

I have been involved in the dissemination of Universalist Humanism since 2001.

From 2002 to 2009 I carried out several campaigns of education for nonviolence and health prevention in Senegal, collaborating with the association Energy for Human Rights and with the Health Commission of the European Humanist Region.

Since 2007 I have been the spokesperson in Rome for the organisation World without Wars and without Violence, organising courses on active nonviolence for adults and in schools and contributing to the realisation of the 1st and 2nd World March for Peace and Nonviolence and the Europe for Peace campaign, for the end of all wars and for nuclear disarmament.

In 2010, I finished the Energy Discipline process.

Since 2010 I have also been involved in popularising science and raising awareness for the ethical use of science, and in 2011 I created the Humanist Study Centre "Science and Spirituality" with which I have promoted conferences and debates on the ways of human knowledge between science and mysticism.

From 2013 to 2020 I was mainly dedicated to being a mother and to Asceticism.

Since 2020, I have contributed to the birth and growth of the Intentional Community "The Winged Lion", an international virtual community of personal growth and co-inspiration based on the practice of the Golden Rule.

From this experience, recognising the need for educational, cultural and spiritual renewal in society and the Community for Human Development as the most suitable body for this purpose,
I became a full member of the Community. I began in this capacity the promotion of Education for Nonviolence in the entire educating community through workshops on the practice of the
Golden Rule and from this year (2023) also through the project "The Nonviolence Bookshelf" in schools and municipal libraries, to promote the dissemination of bibliography, ours and others, on nonviolence and experiential workshops associated with it. Finally, as a representative of the Community and a member of the Eirenefest - Festival of Books for Peace and Nonviolence Promoting Committee, this year I took care of the active participation of schools and educational institutions and presented the book 'Let's learn Nonviolence - The practice of the Golden Rule for all ages' ed. Multimage 2023. A book edited by myself and Roberto Kohanoff that collects the experience and testimonies of the Winged Lion Intentional Community on the practice of the Golden Rule.

I am running for office because I believe that our Asceticism is practised in the world, with the world, for the world; because I have always framed my activities as an expression of one of our organisms and because I am absolutely convinced that at this precise moment in history it is fundamental to return with enthusiasm and creativity to the world to support with solidarity the epochal transition we are facing by spreading what I recognise opens the future to the infinite growth of human society: the vision and teachings of Siloism and Universalist Humanism. For these purposes, I make myself available to contribute as best I can to this common work.

Print Email