On this day, October 2, World Day of Nonviolence,
- In our right to reaffirm the human being as the highest value and central concern.
- Recalling the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
- We declare that war is a disaster for people all over the world.
- We defend the right of the people not to participate, nor to collaborate, with the war. The right of the people not to kill, or to die. The right of people to live in peace. People are not killed.
- We publicly denounce that whoever is behind the war is the big economic interests. They are the ones who hide behind corrupt and incapable leaders with their deceitful words.
- We demand to abide by the Resolutions and Recommendations of the United Nations.
- We demand immediate withdrawal from the invaded territories.
- We demand the dismantling of nuclear arsenals.
- We demand progressive control and disarmament.
- We demand to make the Law and Justice work, not hinder it.
- In the domestic order, comply with what is preached, leaving behind the hypocritical rhetoric that poisons the new generations.
- In the personal order, give coherence to our lives and treat others as we want to be treated. We make a public call to pressure everywhere and at all times those who decide. To spread the ideals of Peace and the methodology of Active Non-violence, to empty, not to collaborate, with violence.
The time has come to call for the necessary union of all humanists in the world.
The time has come to stop as each one can, this disaster.
We must prepare, among all and for all, the path of the new times.
World Coordination Team of The Community for Human Development